Vice President of Accounting and finance
Mojix, US – www.mojix.com
Vice President of Accounting and Finance
Mojix, a tech firm headquartered in LA, is looking for an Americas Alliances Director for its US office, who plays a leadership role in recruiting and working with Mojix Partners to drive relevance to the business.
Leader in its segment of the IoT, Mojix is revolutionizing operational processes in the Luxury, Retail, and Food industry sectors. If you’re passionate about technology and innovation, take part in the adventure! Apply now.
This role will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer. The current team consists of two staff roles, however, is expected to grow in order to support the growth of the company and the multiple geographies across the globe.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting management and executes on the day-to-day accounting operations which includes; accounts payable, general ledger, tax compliance, payroll, banking and cash management.
- Oversee and mentor the accounting and finance team and collaborate with /provide support to internal managers of different departments.
- Responsible for timely and successful completion of external financial audits and quarterly reviews as needed.
- Develop documentation of standards and procedures for the accounting and finance teams’ processes.
- Research and resolve accounting or documentation issues and discrepancies.
- Manage month end close and monthly reconciliations including supplemental schedules, rollforwards, reconciliations, etc.
- Maintain and monitor the system of internal accounting controls and ensure their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Lead as primary contact for inquiries, from internal and external representatives.
- Ensures the effectiveness of internal controls and integrity of accounting records and resulting financial statements.
- Ensures the ERP system is configured and maintained to optimally support not only the company’s long-term accounting needs, but can also provide input and support for a robust financial planning process and periodic reporting requirements.
- Oversees/executes payroll
- Provide timely and accurate reporting of all federal, state, and local tax filings (income taxes, property taxes, sales and use taxes, franchise taxes, 1099s etc.);
- Completes ad-hoc financial reporting and analysis, as well as special projects as needed.
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance; CPA preferred
- 10+ years relevant finance and accounting experience including previous experience as a Controller, as well as experience in public company accounting
- Experience working in the SAAS industry, preferred
- Hands-on expertise with Quick Books
- Advanced knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, tax, banking, cash management, cost control principles, and GAAP as well as:
- Demonstrated ability in leading and building an accounting function, including recruitment, development and retention of top industry talent
- Proven ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections