Accounting Associate (US – Remote)
Mojix, US–Remote www.mojix.com
Accounting Associate (US–Remote)
Mojix, US – Remote
Mojix is searching for an Accounting Associate to join our remote team!
Mojix is a leading Software as a Service (SaaS) provider of Item Chain Management solutions to consumer brand, retail, food, and industrial enterprises around the globe. Our platform applies innovative data science to transform item-level data into valuable operational intelligence, helping organizations manage the entire life cycle of billions unique identities from source to sale to consumer. We have offices in the US, France, and LATAM.
About the Role:
We’re looking for a detail-oriented, proactive, hands-on individual to work closely with Global Sales and the Finance team to ensure all Invoicing and Renewals are invoiced accurately and timely. The ideal candidate has experience with organizing and reviewing purchase orders, day-to-day billing activities, and managing revenue recognition. This individual can communicate effectively and follow-up with Customers and Mojix employees around the globe and also stay on top of the details. Join our small but dedicated team to help establish the processes and procedures that will support the company as we continue to expand.
- Review sales contracts and purchase orders to ensure new, expanding, and renewing customers are invoiced promptly
- Organize and maintain contracts, POs, Sales Orders, correspondence, etc.
- Create and submit invoices and process customer payments
- Manage the Renewal Process
- Prepare Cash Forecast for AR, Sales, and Backlog
- Partner with our teams as well as customers to address and resolve all issues regarding customer billing issues, POs, contracts, and revenue
- Create accurate Revenue reports
- Calculate Sales Commissions
- Identify, recommend, and implement process improvements for revenue accounting
- Perform month end account reconciliations
- Participate in annual audits conducted by external auditors
- 2+ years of experience working in operational capacity that involves cross functional team collaboration;
- 2+ years of experience in Accounting including revenue recognition, billing, collections and receivables
- Strong analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset
- Proactive, organized and detail oriented with excellent follow-through
- A strong ability to communicate, both verbally and written, with all internal and external customers
- The desire to learn and grow with the organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize and the ability to get stuff done
- Enthusiastic attitude and willingness to jump in and help out as needed
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel skills (lookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Experience with Asana, Salesforce, and QuickBooks Enterprise a plus
- A bachelor’s degree (or degree in progress) in Accounting, Finance, or an equivalent demonstrated track record in the field